Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Apologies for the sudden ending of the last entry - still adjusting to buying set amounts of internet time...

Goodness. I am overwhelmed by how much information flew out of my fingers in the last entry, and still further overwhelmed by how much still needs to be said. (Where were the details of the two village dances i attended? And that moment, floating on my back staring up at the water cascading over a cliff? And why did I bypass the ride ON TOP of a car rapide through the backroads of Africa???) I need to confess to you right now that many things - including important, life-changing, soul-shifting things - will be left out of this document. As much as I want to pull you into this experience ...every part of it ... I know that I can only provide a fleeting taste. Do savor it, as I certainly am.
A longer entry will have to wiat, as Ramadan started today and dinner will therefore be provided right at sundown to the famished masses of the Samb household. If I want a place at the bowl, I best run.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweetie--
Brief is beautiful. We are nourished by each morsel. Dad and I go to MN tomorrow to be, happily, with your grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins on this side of the Atlantic. We'll sit around the table, eat and share. As do you with your new family. Blessed Ramadan.
Joy,
Momma
p.s. Your voice at 7:00 a.m. was sweet nectar with our coffee!! xoxox

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meg, I still think you write poetry this blog. The brevity only engages our imaginations even more. Happy Ramadan!I hope you properly secured your place at the bowl...you know, here that would have a totally different meaning. Love you! Have fun! Cheers, Katy

5:12 PM  
Blogger plee said...

Yay for Ramadan and new experiences! I'm still paying for internet time too and I know how you feel. I'm living in an internet cafe.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Meg said...

Mumsy, What are you doing in Minnesota? Confused...but happy for you :) say hi to Grandma and grandpa for me.

Katy-Love! Hoorah, I'm so glad to be in touch with you! Hey hey hey now...careful with your bowl jokes, little missy ;) Love much!

Sannie - ah life in the internet cafe...tricksy little thing it is...always negotiating hours and vying for the comp with the american keyboard... *sigh*

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home