Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Welcome!
For the next four months, while I study, drum, converse, dance, and explore with the School for International Training in Senegal, I will be using this blog as my primary form of contact. Feel free to respond to any entry...I have a feeling that in the near future, all communication from your side of the ocean will be appreciated on a much deeper level. Love, *Meg


I leave in 11 hours. I'm ruffled.
Excitement? Yes. Nerves? Certainly. Anxiety? A bit. Sadness? Not that I'll admit to. (so yes, a little.) As I ponder each item going into my "25 lb" bag (quotations mark an improbable figure), I begin to feel like a fraud - I'm making this up as I go along and now it's getting a little too real.
The list says "poncho". I pack a poncho. My fingers move to the next item on the list, while my mind imagines me in said poncho, weathering varying degrees of precipitation. Monsoon-like winds and a lion are added for an "African" touch. How interesting: I am utterly naive and, to some degree, completely aware of it. Here's to willingly hurling oneself in the path of life.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meg,
j'espere que tu t'amuseras bien au Senegal.
i can't use accents :( so it's english from here. have a great time and remember to update your blog regularly.

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home